Wednesday, January 4, 2012

WIP Wednesday and an update

Hello!

I haven't disappeared, or fallen off the face of the earth, promise. With all of the holiday running around, and the frantic attempts to catch up at work as the consequence, I have had little time to craft or blog. I'm hoping things will settle down so that I can update more frequently soon.

I leave for work in the dark and get home in the dark. I sit by a window and actually see the moon come out right after my last break most days. I think I've mentioned before that the lighting situation in my apartment is less than ideal... so rather than post poorly lit photos I will just tell you about my projects for now. I'll attempt to actually create a new post with pictures this weekend, if the weather and the timing cooperates.

Right now I am currently working on an Irish Hiking Scarf, which is coming along nicely. This is the pattern I've chosen to learn cabling, and it is much easier than I expected! (Admittedly, I had to YouTube a bunch of how to cable videos to get everything to stick in my head, but now I am having no problems whatsoever with this nice easy cable.)

I'm also working on another Crocodile Stitch Hood scarf as a late Christmas present for my mom. It's coming along, but it's a little frustrating! I've already crocheted this same pattern 3 times, it gets a little tedious for me when I try to do the same thing over and over again. Hopefully it will be finished quickly.

My goal is to finish this hat, and then work solely on knitting for awhile. I really want to figure out how to use dpns! I am having a bit of trouble finding a video (for continental knitting) that really helps it click. I think that part of the problem is probably that my set only came with 4... and they're metal... but I will. figure. them out. And it better be soon, they're driving me nuts!

Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment