Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Wip Wednesday... I'm back!

Hello!

Sorry I disappeared for awhile there, things have been crazy busy. And... I just kind of felt like hiding. Maybe it's the lack of sun, or the fact that I've been sick for a little over a week now, but I've been kind of down lately. I've had a hectic work schedule (nothing new there) and I've just been coming home wanting to do anything other than look at another computer screen.

I've also been really busy working on the late Christmas present for my mom- it's finally almost done. Just need to sew it together.

Cowl

Hood

Stitches!
Now that the most time consuming part is over with I'm kind of procrastinating until I finish putting together presents for my siblings. It's been a tough year money wise, so I'm sure they'll understand. Better late than never.

With the Crocodile Stitch Hood finally done (or done enough for now,) I've been focusing on knitting. Specifically the Moss and Bluebells scarf by Tiny Owl Knits, you can find it on Ravelry.


Look how cute it is! Isn't it adorable? It's kind of small width wise, but I'm planning on making another one out of 100% wool so that I can block it. Maybe it will stretch out a bit? I might go up to slightly bigger needles to see how that looks too. This is the second knitting pattern that I am actually following (the first being the Irish Hiking Scarf,) and it's going really well. The stitch pattern is explained wonderfully and it's actually fun to knit, I love it!

Ooh! Look at this pretty yarn bowl my husband got me for Christmas! (I know this is late too... I seem to be quite the procrastinator lately.) He went to one of our local yarn stores and talked with the owner and everything. (Heehee, she tried to teach him to knit, for free!) Apparently he was looking for MadelineTosh yarn, seems he does listen to my constant babble. He didn't find the yarn, but that's ok. This little yarn bowl is actually really handy, and I would never have been able to justify buying it myself.

Little symbol the yarn comes through

Back of bowl

This little guy lives inside the bowl. I've decided he's a praying mantis, and needs a name asap.





Hope you've all been doing well!



No comments:

Post a Comment