Wednesday, August 28, 2013

WIP Wednesday 8/28/13


Hi friends!

We can go into all of the crafty projects I've been working on since my disconnect from the blog world later, for now I just want to talk about my current projects. I have two.

The first is a knit scarf/shawlette called Hitchhiker by Martina Behm. The pattern can be found on Ravelry Here . It seems to be very popular, and I can see why!  The knitting is simple, but not boring, and it's going pretty quickly! I'm definitely loving the pattern so far. Even as a fairly new entrant to the knitting world I understand everything well. Here are some progress photos-



It will actually be bigger by the time this posts, I've been working on it as often as possible. I'm using Malabrigo sock yarn in the colorway stone chat. Pretty, isn't it?

The other thing I am currently working on is alien cow scarf #2. It is a simple double crochet scarf in some boucle yarn I bought from JoAnn's ages ago. I managed to make a huge one for myself last year, and my friend liked it so much that I'm making a smaller one for her from the leftovers. Here it is so far 

Those white looking dots are actually a light pink, I just have bad lighting right now. This yarn is kind of a nightmare to work with, but it makes a delightfully light and soft scrunchable scarf. The texture gets even better (add more softness and slinky-ness) after a trip through the washer and dryer too!

Hope you all are working on fun projects too! Happy crafting!

1 comment: