Saturday, March 31, 2012

Spring Swap

Hello! Long time no see, I know.

I actually get a full weekend this week, and to my surprise, I was visited by the mailman! I am taking part in the spring swap hosted by the Tiny Owl Knits group on Ravelry, and boy was I spoiled. This is going to be a picture heavy post, because I was so excited. Sorry some of the pictures are sideways, I didn't notice until after I uploaded them and now I'm too tired to fix them.


Look at how cute the box is!







When I opened the box, I found a letter. It was a very sweet letter, which gave me permission to rip into my goodies before finishing the reading of it...

Aren't these stickers cute?

Which I promptly did, of course! Below are pictures of my goodies in no particular order-

Yummy apple/strawberry scented candle

My swap partner is from TX

A TX cookie cutter!

Chocolate, cleverly put in a plastic bag in case of meltage.

Lots of yummy recipes
An easter bunny!
A pretty teacup and saucer, from her grandmother's china! I will cherish this.

These little owls are on the cutest plate

This little owl is on a super cute bag!

A book that I can't wait to read

Pretty notebook

Handmade magnets that are already on my fridge

Pencils and notepads

Stickers!
Cute little mini skeins for my hexipuffs

A pretty scarf made of of yarn that looks difficult to work with

Knitted leaf dishcloths

Cutest little owl puff
Mug cosy
Tea wallet. I love the little button!

And it's filled with tea of course.

Mr. Mini Fox!!!

I can't believe someone knitted this FOR ME. ALL FOR ME! 

Cute knitted bag filled with pretty plastic eggs...
That were filled with tiny animals and aliens....

And Hello Kitty...

And stitch markers...

And more stitch markers (isn't that green/black one pretty?)...

And a special hexipuff stitch marker!
There was even a knitted egg inside one of the eggs, intended for a cat toy.

My cat loved it so much he refused to share with his sister.

I am overwhelmed. My spoiler knitted up a storm for me, and I am just so pleased with everything! I seriously almost cried when I found Mr Fox. So cute! And the letter was so sweet, I'm such a happy girl right now.

This has inspired me to get my butt in gear and get my swap package sent off to my spoilee... I only have 2 more things to pick up and it will be on its way! (I am NOT waiting until the last minute, I swear. It won't be super early, but hopefully it will be worth it.) Also, I'm not cheating. The rules for this swap are to send no later than a certain date, but open your package as soon as it arrives.My first swap experience is going amazingly well. I've been so happy putting a box together for my spoilee, and my spoiler put such an amazing box together for me! Knitters/crocheters/crafters are such lovely people, I am very happy to be part of this community.

Until next time, happy crafting!






4 comments:

  1. Wow, what an awesome package!! That is such a great idea and looks like a lot of fun to participate in! LOVE that little fox and the leaves too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! What a wonderful swap! Lots of thoughtful and fun goodies. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've spotted the teacup and saucer. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still amazed that someone I didn't even know sent me all of these lovely things!

    ReplyDelete